PPHCSD Announces Extended Closures & Cancelled Meetings
On March 30, 2020, the Phelan Piñon Hills Community Services District extended the closure of its office to the public until May 4, 2020, and canceled several upcoming District meetings. Additionally, Phelan Park and Pinon Hills Park and all community and senior centers will continue to be closed through the end of April.
While the District office remains closed to the public, customers can still call the District office during regular business hours and can still access their accounts online. The District will waive any late fees and will not disconnect customers for nonpayment during this time. Additionally, the $2 credit card convenience fee is being waived for payments made online or over the phone until normal operations resume. A drop box is available for customers in the District parking lot, and payments can still be mailed in. New customers are allowed to set up their accounts by phone and email. Field staff is still proceeding with field operations to continue to provide safe, reliable drinking water to District customers.
The District’s Farmers Market will continue to operate each Monday from 2pm-6pm. “Given the impact of Covid-19 on grocery stores at the moment, we have determined it is in the best interest of our residents to continue to have access to fresh produce and other goods.” Mr. Bartz continued, “Our market is operated outdoors, so the exposure risk was determined to be less severe than that of a grocery store. District staff and market vendors will follow the new guidelines issued by the California Department of Public Health to help prevent the spread of Covid-19.”
The District will have a special Finance Committee meeting on April 9, 2020, and a Board workshop and Board meeting on April 15, 2020. Information on how to attend those meetings remotely will be posted on the meeting agenda, which can be found on the District’s website at www.pphcsd.org.
The following is a list of canceled events and facility closures:
- April 1, 2020 – Board Meeting
- April 8, 2020 – Engineering Committee Meeting
- April 13, 2020 – Special Finance Committee Meeting
- April 14, 2020 – Parks Committee Meeting
- Through April 30, 2020 – District Office Lobby
- Through April 30, 2020 – Phelan Park
- Through April 30, 2020 – Pinon Hills Park
- Through April 30, 2020 – Phelan Community Center
- Through April 30, 2020 – Phelan Senior Center
- Through April 30, 2020 – Pinon Hills Community Center
- Through April 30, 2020 – Pinon Hills Senior Center
- Through April 30, 2020 – Community Center Events & Rentals
- Through April 30, 2020 – Senior Events & Activities